Colleen Rockey will be working on the 1974 Mural Restoration Project in Kalamazoo for the month of June. Colleen originally painted the mural when she was a new graduate of Western Michigan University with a BFA in painting. “I was excited for the opportunity. I submitted an abstract landscape and won a First Place Award and the stipend for the wall facing what is now known as Corporation Alley. I view my restoration of this public art as a benefit for the City of Kalamazoo and a gift to the people who reside there.”
Nancy MacLachlan‘s “April in Chicago” was juried into the Great Lakes Pastel Society National Member Show . The show runs through July 6 at the Holland Arts Council.
Catherine McClung‘s work has been selected for exhibition at
- ArtPrize:The Michigan Connection at The Alden B. Dow Museum of Art and Science in Midland, Michigan will have her mural of “The 33 Birds Mentioned in the Bible” on view from June 30th to Sept 9.
- The 71st Annual Juried Exhibition of the Michigan Watercolor Society will display her painting “Rust Always Wins” at the Saginaw Museum of Art, June 16th through July 27th...
Three abstract paintings by Deborah Bowen were accepted in Festival Grand Rapids 2018 juried show. “Cover Up” was selected for the Miller Johnson Purchase Award.
The show will run from May 30- June 23 at the Fed Galleries@KCAD,
17 Pearl St NW, Grand Rapids, MI.
Chandra Jennings will be participating in a number of summer shows:
- Saugatuck Douglas Waterfront Invitational Art Fair — June 30th only
- Krasl on the Bluff in St. Joseph’s — July 14-15
- Suttons Bay Art Fair — Aug 4-5
- Frankfort, MI Art Fair — Aug 17-18